Sorry, nothing in cart.
Privacy and GDPR
We respect your privacy.
We only use your information to administrate your account and we won’t pass your information on to any third party (other than as part of processing your order) or spam you. We send an occasional Newsletter to keep you up to date with our products and the website. You can unsubscribe if you choose, instructions are in the newsletter.
In this document the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Our Site” – Our website www.highridgeproducts.co.uk
“GDPR” – Europe’s new framework for data protection laws. It replaces the previous 1995 data protection directive, which current UK law is based upon. The new regulation starts on 25 May 2018. Find more information on GDPR here
“Account” – An account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our site
“Personal Data” – Any and all data that relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
“We/Us/Our” – High Ridge Products and highridgeproducts.co.uk whose registered address is 47 Earlsway, Teesside Industrial Estate, TS17 9JU
What Does This Policy Cover?
Where you have consented to providing us with your details, High Ridge Products may deliver to you information in which you are interested, for example you may have requested newsletters regarding topics you have a particular interest in. You can decline to receive this information at any time.
What Data Do We Collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored or when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- We do not hold any credit/debit card, bank details, and PayPal information. All our payment transactions are carried out ‘off-site’ by the respective bank and/or card handler which are fully protected with up-to-date encryption.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information for our own internal use. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How Do We Use Your Data?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR terms at all times.
- Our use of your personal data will always be on a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site
- Supplying our products and services to you (we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to opt out
- Market research
- Analysing your use of our site(highridgeproducts.co.uk) and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR terms and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Third party content may appear on our site and may use third party Cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where we transfer any personal data outside the EEA we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR terms.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- Under the GDPR terms you have the following rights, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us either by email to email@example.com or by visiting our Contact Us page)
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact us either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our Contact Us page)
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us either by email to email@example.com or by visiting our Contact Us page and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access our site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
Access To Your Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). No fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. For more details please contact us either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our Contact Us page.
We take security seriously and we take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorised access by third parties. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. However we will inform you immediately as soon as we become aware that any of your data has been compromised.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, however, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.